posted on June 27, 2016 01:08
A visit to the dentist is an essential everyday health cost which we all have to find whether we are NHS patients or visit a private dentist. No matter how well we brush and floss our teeth dental treatment is still needed.
From check ups, hygienist visits through to dental emergencies the costs soon add. But it is possible to manage the costs of dental treatment through a health cash plan.
Orchard Healthcare will refund half the costs of treatment paid by you to an NHS or private dental practitioner up to the maximum every 12 months (the maximum amount is dependent on your level of membership).
Typical NHS dental costs range from £19.70 for band 1 which includes an examination, scale and polish and x rays. Band 2 dental costs are £53.90 and include fillings, root canal work and removal of teeth.
Claiming back 50% of these costs helps to make dental treatment more affordable.
Top tips to manage dental costs:
1) Find an NHS dentist the NHS choices website allows you to search for a dentist within your area http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Dentists/LocationSearch.
2) Keep up with dental check ups every six months, you might not enjoy visiting the dentist but regular check ups help to spot dental, oral health and other health problems .
3) The General Dental Council states that following an examination dentists should provide you with a treatment plan with an estimate of costs, this would help avoid unexpected costs following treatment.
4) Claim up to 50% cash back towards the costs of your dental treatment through a dental cash plan.
5) Choose a dental cash plan that allows you to claim for all check ups - even the first check up with a new dentist (not all dental plans cover the first check up).
What’s covered within our dental cash plan?
- Check ups
- Hygienist fees
- Root canal treatment
Mrs B from Worcester - a ‘green’ level member claimed back £101.50 for 5 dental treatments over 12 months. Treatments included a check up with scale and polish, filling, xray and a crown. Her membership costs for the year were only £96.72 by being a member of Orchard Healthcare Mrs B saved herself money.
In addition to dental costs our health cash plan also covers other health costs; providing money towards glasses and physiotherapy to specialist consultation and hospital stays.
From as little as £1.07 a week you have the piece of mind that you healthcare costs wont spiral out of control. With 4 different levels of membership find the one that best suits you.
Fast payment is now available as cash back can be paid straight into your account upon receipt of the claim, providing faster payment than cheque.
Dental claims can be made for treatment after 12 weeks of membership.
For more information on dental cash plans please call us on 01905 729090.